Feliz Mes de la Independencia Dominicana! What perfect timing to begin celebrating Dominican Independence Day on the 27th of this month with a fun article on Dominican culture! Signs You Grew Up Dominican This article originally appeared on cosmopolitan.com
1. You always opt for tres golpes over eggs and bacon. You can never go wrong with the breakfast of champions: mangu, fried salami, and fried white cheese.
2. Nothing can make you as happy and as miserable at the same time as listening to bachata. You start off excited for the song, then all of a sudden you start thinking about your ex.
3. You go to a baby shower for two things only: Pastelitos and quipes.
4.You are convinced Dominicans make the best cake on earth. Fondant has nothing on supiro.
5. You take “fashionably late” to the next level. "Voy en camino" really means "I haven’t started getting ready yet."
6. You dreaded house parties as a kid. All your tias and tios would force you to dance when all you really wanted was to watch them play dominoes.